As a community of designers, storytellers and creative technologists, we have a passion for pushing the boundaries of storytelling – and a reputation for creating world-class motion and interactive design experiences. We articulate concepts, craft compelling stories and ignite emotions with a holistic, design-driven perspective.
We’re looking for a Motion Art Director to lead design across motion, interactive and immersive projects at Breeder. You’ll craft proactive pitches, redefine briefs, determine project requirements and be heavily involved in all aspects of scoping, production and execution. You will steer the aesthetic of all projects and uphold a strong strategic vision across all stages of production. Working closely with JM and partners, you’ll get to collaborate with design leads, product strategists, developers, and creative freelancers within the JM group.
You’ll react quickly to new information, trends and direction to strategically pivot when necessary. You’ll strike the right balance of analytical and conceptual thinking, translating needs, commercial objectives and technology capabilities into innovative and ground-breaking projects and ventures.
As a seasoned creative with ample experience generating concepts and leading design efforts, you’re able to communicate design decisions effectively. With foundational skills anchored in motion and traditional media production:
- You’ll contribute original ideas on all aspects of interactive, 3D, VR, motion graphics, game and voice production and development.
- You have a strong working knowledge of visual design, UI/UX fundamentals and the principles of animation.
- You have a nurturing and coach-like spirit, attuned to the needs of your team to help them grow and thrive in their careers.
- You have the proven ability to guide, evaluate, and direct the creative work of a multidisciplinary team.
- You have an innate passion for innovation and craft as well as experimenting with technology and creative solutions.
- You’re good on the tools whether 2D or 3D.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity across the Josephmark venture portfolio and flexible working hours. We’re open to this position being based in close proximity to our Brisbane (AEST) or LA (PST) HQ and open to cross-collaboration of projects across time zones.
At JM and Breeder we know better outcomes start with diverse teams. We are an inclusive workplace committed to fostering a sense of thriving and belonging for all. That's why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you share our values and our venture mindset, you’ll find a home (with your work bffs) at Josephmark.
If you’re reading this and thinking, “Oh no, I only tick a few of those boxes so I’m not going to apply...”, don’t be silly. If you’re a standout human, we want to hear from you!